Shotgun Microphone CMIT 5
- unusually low coloration of off-axis sound
- suitable for music recording as well as dialogue
- rotationally symmetrical polar pattern
- even greater immunity to wind noise than a SCHOEPS supercardoid
- very lightweight, robust all-metal housing
The CMIT 5 is SCHOEPS' shotgun microphone which has set a new standard for shotgun microphones since its release. The CMIT 5's directionality increases smoothly with higher frequencies, which results in a very balanced sonic character. In addition to this, the microphone's sound level decreases softly yet steadily for off-axis sounds, allowing these to be recorded neutrally as well as reducing the effects of movement during boom operation. The CMIT 5 also has a much stronger directionality than one might expect from a microphone of its length. If required, the CMIT 5 can also be used for music recordings, for example opera recordings.
On special request the CMIT 5 can be ordered with a grey or Chromagreen surface.