Microphone capsule MK 41V
- supercardioid for vertical pickup (side-addressed)
- for a very wide range of recording applications
- high directivity, comparable to that of a short “shotgun“ microphone up through midrange frequencies
- with especially consistent directionality throughout its frequency range
- often preferred for use in music and speech recording, as a spot microphone and also as a main microphone, especially when using the OCT recording method
Like the MK 41, the MK 41V is useful in all situations with music or speech, either as a “spot“ microphone or as an overall directional microphone. However, this type of capsule is addressed from the side. It excels particularly in the constancy of its polar response throughout the audio spectrum. As a result, sound within 90º on either side of the main axis is picked up with virtually no alteration of frequency response or tone color. This is strongly evident with sound sources that are in motion, but is also of great benefit in obtaining stable, precise stereo imaging for normal music recordings.